IoT, since its invention, has been in the spotlight and has brought a major change in our lives and one of the disruptive amalgamations is the Smart Home Automation. Smart Home Automation is automating our home through various IoT devices.
Did you know why?
Let’s see these IOT-based home automation statistics to understand it more:
- According to Statistics, Global smart home market size is expected to reach 53.45 billion U.S. dollars.
- Through source data, by 2022 the smart home automation devices will reach up to 80 billion U.S. dollars, calculated based on total consumer spending.
- It clearly states that the smart home automation market is growing and we can see that it has already started impacting our lives.
Let’s understand what, why and how around IoT and smart home automation.
Why we need IOT?
In the network, IOT is a concept of connecting any device to the Internet and other connected devices. These connected physical devices through a network that have the ability to transfer data over the network without requiring human-to-human interaction. These devices which are embedded with sensors, software and network connectivity that enables to collect and exchange data making them responsive.
IOT has increased the market till date, everyone in today’s world is moving towards IOT. They are adopting IOT devices as well as the home automation systems which have made people’s life easier.
What is Smart Home Automation?
Well, Smart Home Automation is the home automation where developing a smart home that will take charge of controlling the appliances, security systems, lighting and climate using the internet connection. You can say that, this is all possible because of IOT. IOT has brought a major change in technology. Through Smart Home Automation, everyone’s work will be done easily at home.
Why We See IOT-based Smart Home Automation is Impacting Our Lives?
When we are talking about IOT it has really impacted in our lives which have brought good results. It’s not a joke, in today’s world we really have to consider IOT innovations and their impact on our life. But, with emerging technologies like embedded systems, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, etc. home automation using IOT becomes quite obvious. Our homes are surrounded by electronic devices- everything from a television to CCTV cameras. When used in a network these IOT devices are physically connected with various software over the network.
Let’s dive into some stats that define the impact of smart home automation using IOT in our lives:
- 63% of survey respondents said the security of their family is motivating them to adopt smart home automation.
- There is a lot of demand for IoT products of smart home automation n market where 40% want network cameras, 26% are looking for a video doorbell, 19% are looking for a connected light bulb and 13% want a smart lock.
- The top 3 devices in which people are really interested in investing through which they are controlled are via their smartphones, 62% responded it to be a video camera, 54% for both- thermostat and lighting.
- Sales grew by 123% in 2015 by Global Smart Thermostat. The TV sets are globally connected by approx. 759.3 million in 2018. So by 2023, the smart lighting market is expected to reach 105.28 billion U.S. dollars.
By looking at the above smart home automation statistics, it feels that we have already started utilizing the home automation devices like it has become a need.